Ofertas de Empleo
Summer Internship 2022 - ALMA
PARA POSTULAR A ESTA OFERTA DEBES INGRESAR A LA PÁGINA OFICIAL DE ALMA OBSERVATORY EN LA SECCIÓN DE /JORBS/OPORTUNITIES , PARA LUEGO BUSCAR EL CARGO SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2022, NO SE TOMARÁ EN CUENTA NINGUNA POSTULACIÓN POR LA PLATAFORMA DE TRABAJANDO, SOLO SE CONSIDERARÁN AQUELLAS QUE SE HAGAN POR LA PLATAFORMA PROPIA DEL OBSERVATORIO ALMA.
LA INFORMACIÓN QUE ENCONTRARÁS A CONTINUACIÓN ESTA ACOTADA, SIN EMBARGO PUEDES INGRESAR A LA PÁGINA PARA CONSULTAR POR REQUISITOS Y OTRAS INFORMACIONES.
Through your involvement in departmental projects and with our support you will have the opportunity to
understand and learn:
• About the mission of ALMA and the role and responsibilities of ADC for its implementation.
• How a large international scientific partnership works in practice and in particular what are the workflows,
processes and procedures within ADC.
• Good engineering practices used at the ALMA Observatory to develop IT and Software products that
directly contribute to the overall observatory mission.
Vacancy 1: Analysis of future proofed AES infrastructure / framework (Software Group- SWG)
• Objectives: The purpose of this project is to characterize the current AES infrastructure framework,
documenting the current use cases that are being covered at JAO and the ARCs, evaluate different container
orchestration technology options currently available that could provide the same or an extended
functionality as the current implementation and to produce prototypes using all/some of these options that
would illustrate the changes needed to be made to the current implementation.
• Deliverables: Final report and presentation with conclusions of the study
- Knowledge in engineering systems, processes- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java or
- Knowledge or interest in learning about container orchestration technologies, such as kubernetes and/
or docker swarm
- Knowledge or interest in learning about provisioning tools like ansible
- That has the ability to analyze processes and documentation
- It is desirable that you have a command of written English
Vacancy 2: Dashboard unification (Archive/ Pipeline Operations- APOG)
• Objective: Reorganize widgets and text information available in ducksdev for monitoring NGAS ingestion,
MOUS checks, Torque pipeline runs, among others (Customized for CLAI Operator). Ability to combine
multiple data sources, visual analysis, filtering, etc.
• Deliverables: Web interface
- Programming in some language, knowledge of some standard, among others
- Web interface development with modern programming tools.
• APO interest: We would like to be able to select the candidate, not only for his technical skills, but also for
his motivation, for which a “cover letter” in addition to the CV, would be ideal.
Vacancy 3: Analysis and Proposal of a new authentication service to replace LDAP integrated with (Information
Technology Group- ITG)
• Objective: The purpose of this project is to investigate the current LDAP configuration used at Linux
infrastructure and how can this LDAP infrastructure can be migrated and integrated with Active Directory,
Local groups required for specific applications, etc.
• Deliverables: Final report and presentation with conclusions of the study.
- Knowledge of LDAP and Active Directory
engineering aspects of astronomical facilities.
1. You should be enrolled into a Computer, Software or Information Technology Engineering or Technician program
in a Chilean university or professional Institutes / CFT and successfully completed at least the third year of studies
2. You should be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the domain specific aspects of engineering for astronomical
facilities. Candidates shall explain their interest in the Motivation letter.
3. You must be able to communicate technically in English (basic) as well as Spanish.
Internship opportunities are offered for the summer months of January and February. The duration of the internship
is for 8 weeks. We offer a monthly allowance to partially cover your expenses.
- Ingeniería Informática
- Ingeniería Civil en Informática
- Ingeniería Civil Telemática
- Campaña de prácticas y Memorias
- Ingeniería Civil Electrónica